Tell us about a benefit change

Tell us about a change in your situation that may affect your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction.

If you get Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction and need to tell us about a change to your situation, tell us in My Account.

My Account

Or you can tell us about a change by completing our Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction change of circumstances online form.

Start now

What changes we need to know about

You must tell us if:

  • you stop or start getting Universal Credit
  • you stop or start getting Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance, Jobseeker's Allowance, or any other benefit or Tax Credit
  • your rent goes up or down (private tenants only)
  • you or your partner's wages go up or down
  • the other money that you and your family have coming in goes up or down
  • your savings or your family's savings change
  • anyone who lives with you has a change in their situation, such as starting work
  • anyone who lives with you moves out
  • anyone moves in to live with you
  • you change your address
  • you go away for 4 weeks or more
  • you are refused asylum by the Home Office

These are just some of the changes you should tell us about. If you're unsure about a change tell us anyway.

Contact customer services: benefits

Office hours
Monday to Tuesday 9am to 5pm
Wednesday 10am to 5pm
Thursday to Friday 9am to 5pm
Saturday to Sunday Closed
The content provider requires that you accept marketing, preferences, and statistics cookies in order to view this content. Open cookie settings

51.595401638478, -0.10933574616762