Gambling Act temporary use notice

When you need a temporary use notice (TUN), eligibility and how to apply. 

When you need a temporary use notice (TUN)

A TUN allows a gambling operator to provide gambling facilities in a venue that doesn’t have a premises licence. 

Suitable venues include hotels, conference centres and sporting venues. 


A TUN is only granted to a person or company holding a relevant operating licence issued by the Gambling Commission. An example is the holder of a betting operating licence applying to provide betting facilities at a snooker tournament. 

A venue can have several TUNs, but the total cannot be more than 21 days in a 12-month period. 


If you wish to apply for TUN, please contact us. 

Contact the licensing team