Road or pavement obstructions

Report a problem with pavement obstructions including advertising boards, building materials, overgrown hedges, trees and more.

If a pavement or road is blocked without permission, it will cause an obstruction for people who are walking and driving.

Report logged in

Use My Account to log in and get updates on the progress of your issue.

My Account

Report as a guest

Use our online form to report anonymously. You will not be updated on progress if you use the online form.

Report now

You can report obstructions on the pavement or road including:

  • skips or scaffolds
  • no barriers around street works or roadworks
  • building materials
  • advertising boards
  • banners or bunting
  • overhanging tree branches or overgrown hedges
  • mud or debris on the road
  • mixing concrete or mortar on the pavement or road
  • illegal vendors and traders
  • encroachment of highway boundaries – this is when people wrongly claim parts of the pavement or road as their own

If someone purposefully blocks a pavement or road without good reason or permission, they are guilty of an offence. We have legal powers to make them move the obstruction.

What we do

We will:

  • visit the area within 72 hours and decide how urgent it is
  • tell our contractor if work is needed on specific obstructions such as trees or hedges
  • finish the work within 8 weeks, depending on the nature and urgency of the work needed