Tell us if someone has died

How to let us know if someone has died, so we can update their Council Tax account.

Tell Us Once

You can let most government organisations know in one go by using the Tell Us Once service.

If there is now only one person living in the property

You can use this form to tell us someone has died. If only one person is now living in the property they will receive a 25% discount:

If the property is now empty

You can use this form to tell us that the property is unoccupied:

If the property remains empty, it may be exempt for up to six months after probate is granted.

If the property was rented

Please use this form to tell us when the tenancy ended:

Contact customer services: Council Tax