Chargeable repairs: council tenants

Your options if a repair is chargeable, how to pay.

Some repairs are the responsibility of the tenant.

If you request a repair that is your responsibility, we may be able to carry it out for you for a charge.

We will tell you how much the repair will cost and you can decide to accept the charge or seek assistance from another repairs service. You will be asked to pay for the repair before the work is done.

If damage occurs to your property that you were not responsible for, we will attend to the repair, but may, on inspection, be obliged to charge where damage was avoidable. You can ask us, or another repairs service, to carry out the work, but the work must be done to keep your property in good condition.

If you choose not to instruct us to do work, you can hire a qualified contractor or you can do it yourself, but it must be done to an acceptable standard.

Book and pay for a chargeable repair

Contact us to book and pay in advance for a repair. You can pay by debit or credit card. We are unable to accept cash.

Contact customer services: housing

Office hours
Monday to Friday 8am to 6pm
Saturday to Sunday Closed