Benefits: proof we need

Overview of the proof you need when you make a Housing Benefit claim.


These are the types of proof you should give us when we ask for proof about you or someone you live with in your household.

You must give all of the proof we ask for within one month of the date we ask for it. We recommend you give it to us right away. Delays may mean we cannot pay you Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction, or your payments stop or go down.

Do not send valuable documents in the post.