You are looking at a page on Haringey's new website – with a new design and layout.
Make a complaint about a council service
You can make a complaint about a council service using our online complaints form.
Other ways to make a complaint
There is a separate process to:
- make a complaint about adult social care
- make a complaint about children's social care
- make a complaint about a councillor
- make a complaint about housing
- appeal or report something
You can also make a suggestion or give a compliment.
How we will deal with your complaint
We will deal with your complaint in 2 stages.
Stage 1 – service investigation
When we receive your complaint we will:
- acknowledge it within 2 working days
- send you a full response within 10 working days
If we need more time we will let you know and give you a new date for our response.
Stage 2 – review
If you are unhappy with our response, you can ask the corporate feedback team to review your complaint.
You will need to explain:
- why you are dissatisfied with the stage 1 response
- the response you were hoping for
We will include contact details of the corporate feedback team in our stage 1 response.
The corporate feedback team
The corporate feedback team are independent of all council departments. Their investigations are:
- independent of the service and the person being complained about
- carried out on behalf of the Chief Executive of Haringey Council
The team will try to resolve your complaint and may investigate further. They will:
- acknowledge your request to continue with your complaint within 2 working days
- reply to you in writing within 20 working days
- signpost you to the correct ombudsman (government appointed official) if you want to continue with your complaint
If they need more time to investigate your complaint, the corporate feedback officer will let you know and give you a new date for their response.
Our customer feedback policy and procedure
You can read more on how we deal with complaints in our customer feedback policy and procedure .
If you're making a complaint on behalf of someone else
If you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else, we need their written consent. Please ask the person on whose behalf you are complaining to complete the client consent form .
You can then upload the completed consent form when you submit the complaint.
Contact the corporate feedback team