Street licences and applications

Skip, scaffolding and hoarding permits, street works permits, licences and applications, dropped kerbs, fees and charges.

Street works licence

Licence to dig up a public road or pavement to install or complete necessary works.

Apply for a play street

Apply to close a road to make a play street, advice about play streets, roads that can and cannot be closed, street closure times.

Building near a road

Guidance on building near roads, regulations, licences for skips and building materials, licences for scaffolding, hoarding, containers and cranes.

Dropped kerbs

Find out about dropped kerbs (vehicle crossover), how to apply, costs, constructing dropped kerbs, when you need planning permission.