Apply for a Freedom Pass

Part of: Disabled Person's Freedom Pass

Make sure you gather the right supporting documents before you apply.

Supporting documents

Only include copies of your supporting documents – original documents will not be returned.

You need to include:

Proof of your name and age

Please provide a copy of 1 of the following:

  • current passport
  • medical card
  • birth certificate – unless your name has changed
  • current driving licence
  • letter of state pension entitlement – this must include your date of birth
  • European ID card

Proof of your address

Please provide a copy of 1 of the following:

  • current Council Tax bill or letter
  • current council or housing association rent book, statement, letter or tenancy agreement
  • current television licence

Passport photograph

Please also provide a passport-sized photograph. Your photograph must be:

  • colour
  • 45mm x 35mm
  • a current true likeness showing your full face, facing forward and without a hat
  • taken against a plain, evenly lit and pale-coloured background


Download, fill in and return the application form by email or post.

You can also contact us to request an application pack.