Convert a civil partnership: step by step

How to convert a same-sex civil partnership that was registered in England and Wales into a marriage.

Step by step navigation

  1. Check you can convert your civil partnership

    You can convert your same-sex civil partnership if it was registered in England or Wales.

  2. Choose and book your conversion

    You can choose to have either a standard conversion or a conversion with a ceremony.

  3. Information you need to provide

    What documents you should bring to your conversion appointment.