What you need for your appointment to convert a civil partnership

What documents you should bring to your civil partnership conversion appointment.

At your appointment, you and your partner must provide evidence of both your names, ages and addresses. This could be a:

  • current passport or government ID card
  • recent proof of address, which could be a recent utility bill or Council Tax bill

You also need to provide evidence of:

  • your civil partnership, for example your original Civil Partnership Certificate
  • where you will be having your conversion ceremony if not at the same register office
  • any consents if a conversion ceremony is to take place in a religious building

All documents must be originals and not copies.