Take your own noise complaint action

Noise complaints

It can be distressing when noise disturbs your peace and the enjoyment of your home.  

Often, your neighbour or local business is not aware they’re disturbing you. There are steps you can take to let them know and resolve the issue.

Talk or write to the person making the noise

If you feel comfortable doing so, a good place to start is to talk or write to the person making the noise.

If the disturbance is from a neighbour, see information on resolving a neighbour dispute on GOV.UK.

Taking legal action in a noise dispute  

If a noise disturbance continues, you may want to think about taking your own legal action.  

Find out how you can take your own legal action on the Noise Action website