How to begin home education

Part of: Home education

If you want to home educate your child, you must fill in and return to us by email the parent referral to elective home education service form .

If your child is currently registered at a school, you must write to the school’s head teacher and let them know you will start home educating your child. 

Once the school receives your letter, they will remove your child from the school roll and tell us of your decision. 

One of our advisors will usually contact you within a couple of weeks. You are very welcome to contact us before then if you want to.  

If your child is already being home educated but is not registered with us and you would like them to be, please contact us. We look forward to hearing from you.   

Contact the home education team