Road closures

Works on streets by utility companies and public services, how to request traffic restrictions.

Street works and emergency traffic orders

Utility companies and most public services have a right to carry out works on the public street. A temporary traffic management order (TMO) is needed before the works start.

You can request a temporary TMO:

  • for restrictions to traffic because of street works
  • if there’s been an emergency – for example, a burst water main

Find out how to request a temporary TMO.

Contact the traffic management group