Estate resident or disabled resident parking permit

Part of: Parking on housing estates

You can apply for an estate resident parking permit if: 

  • you live on an estate which has an estate controlled parking scheme 
  • your vehicle is registered to your estate address
  • your vehicle is taxed (Statutory Off Road Notice (SORN) is not recognised)

You cannot transfer a permit from one vehicle to another and a permit does not guarantee a parking place. 

Apply now

You can apply for visitor permits at the same time.

What you need to apply

You must tell us which estate you live on and your vehicle:

  • registration (number plate)
  • make
  • model
  • colour

You must provide proof of your:

  • vehicle – this can be either:
    • your vehicle registration – a log book (V5C) or a new keeper’s slip (V5C/2)
    • rental agreement, or other relevant proof document for a temporary vehicle like a hired, leased or company car or taxi
  • your address – this can be either:
    • your driving licence
    • a DWP letter
    • your tenancy agreement or mortgage letter

If applying for a disabled resident parking permit, you must provide either:

  • a photo of your Blue Badge
  • proof of an adapted vehicle
  • a certificate of vision impairment (BD8 or CV1)
  • a current letter of entitlement to:
    • Disability Living Allowance
    • Personal Independent Payment
    • Motability
    • War Pensioners Mobility Supplement

Where you can park

You can only park on the estate your permit is issued for. You cannot use it to park in controlled parking zones.

An estate disabled resident parking permit lets you park in a disabled parking bay on the estate without displaying your Blue Badge.