Estate visitor parking permits

Part of: Parking on housing estates

There are 3 types of visitor parking permits: 

  • short-stay 
  • weekend
  • 2-week 

Anyone who lives on a estate with a parking scheme can apply for visitor permits.

Apply now

You can apply for a resident permit at the same time.

What you need to apply

You must provide proof you live on the estate. This can be photo of:

  • your driving licence
  • a DWP letter
  • your tenancy agreement or mortgage letter

If applying for concessionary visitor permits, you must also provide proof either that:

  • you're 60 or over – this can be a:
    • birth certificate
    • driving licence 
    • passport
    • letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) showing your age
  • you have a disability this can be:
    • a photo of your Blue Badge
    • proof of an adapted vehicle
    • a certificate of vision impairment (BD8 or CV1)
    • a current letter of entitlement to:
      • Disability Living Allowance
      • Personal Independent Payment
      • Motability
      • War Pensioners Mobility Supplement

Standard visitor permits

The number of standard visitor permits you can get is:

  • short-stay (1-hour scratch cards) – 32 hours in a rolling 3-month period
  • weekend – 3 in a rolling 12-month period
  • 2-week – 1 in a rolling 12-month period

Concessionary visitor permits

The number of concessionary visitor permits you can get is:

  • short-stay (1-hour scratch cards) – 64 hours in a rolling 3-month period
  • weekend – 6 in a rolling 12-month period
  • 2-week – 2 in a rolling 12-month period

Where you can park

Estate visitor permits can only be used for visitor parking on an estate in an approved area. You cannot use these visitor parking permits to park in a controlled parking zone.