Who can apply
If you hold a Blue Badge, you may be able to apply for a dedicated disabled parking bay. This lets you park outside or near your home or workplace.
You can apply for 1 bay for a specific vehicle.
You can apply if:
- you live in Haringey
- hold a Blue Badge
- find it hard to walk short distances
- cannot park near your home or workplace
- you, or a nominated driver who lives with you, has a full UK driving licence registered to your address, which is the address you are applying for
- your vehicle is not more than 2.27 metres high and 5.25 metres long
You must also either:
- receive the higher rate Mobility Component of the Disability Living Allowance (DLA), an element of the Blue Badge Eligibility criteria
- score 12 points or more under the ‘moving around’ activity of the mobility component of Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
- receive the higher rate Attendance Allowance (aged 64 and over)
- receive the mobility component of PIP and have obtained 10 points specifically for Descriptor E under the “planning and following journeys” activity, on the grounds that you are unable to undertake any journey because it would cause you overwhelming psychological distress
- receive a War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement (WPMS)
- have been both awarded a lump sum benefit at tariffs 1-8 of the Armed Forces Compensation Scheme and certified as having an enduring and substantial disability which causes the inability to walk or very considerable difficulty in walking
If one of these does not apply to you, but you cannot walk more than 20 metres, you may still be able to apply. You may need to provide more medical information and attend an assessment by a certified expert assessor.
If there is a parking restriction, like yellow lines or a bus stop, outside your home, you can still apply. We will visit the area where you live to find the best place for the bay, usually at the nearest, unrestricted location.
Who cannot apply
We do not provide dedicated disabled parking bays:
- for residential care homes
- on private land
- on council housing estates