Faith group essential service parking permit

Who can apply, where you can park, refunds, how to change permit details, cost and apply or renew.

About the faith group parking permit

Following changes to our essential services permits policy, we've renamed the minister of religion permit to the faith group parking permit.

If you have a minister of religion permit you can continue to use it. When it's time to renew your permit you'll see the name change in your online parking permit account.   


As a minister of religion or representative of a faith group, you can apply for a parking permit to park near the homes of residents you help.

You cannot use your permit to park at your place of worship.  

Where you can park 

You can park in a:

  • resident permit holder bay
  • resident permit holder shared-use bay (resident permit and pay by phone) 
  • permit holder bay
  • permit holder shared-use bay (permit holder and pay by phone)

The permit is not valid in pay by phone only bays. 

See what the parking bay signs look like.

Wood Green – where you cannot park 

You cannot use your permit to park in the Wood Green Inner CPZ, or in the following roads in the Wood Green Outer CPZ:  

  • Barratt Avenue N22 
  • Ranelagh Road N22 
  • Selbourne Road N22 
  • Wolseley Road N22 

You can park only in the above areas when you need to: 

  • move hazardous chemicals or heavy equipment to or from a property – you cannot park for longer than 2 hours or return to the same road for 2 hours 
  • attend an emergency call out – you cannot park for longer than 2 hours or return to the same road for 2 hours 

Bury Road car park 

Your permit covers you to park for an unlimited time on the top floor of the Bury Road car park


If you no longer need it, you can cancel your permit and may get a refund

Change permit details 

You can change your vehicle details or change your address

Terms and conditions 

Read the terms and conditions for parking permits.