Foster carer essential service parking permit

Who can apply, where you can park, refunds, and changing permit details.

About the foster carer parking permit

If you're a foster carer caring for children under 15, you may be eligible for a foster carer essential service parking permit.  

You can use the permit to transport children to their appointments. If you live in a controlled parking zone, you still need a resident parking permit to park near your home.

If you're eligible, the cost of the permit is partially subsidised. Once you get your permit, contact your social care worker to be reimbursed.  

Where you can park 

You can park in:

  • resident permit holder bay
  • resident permit holder shared-use bay (resident permit and pay by phone) 
  • permit holder bay
  • permit holder shared-use bay (permit holder and pay by phone)

The permit is not valid in pay by phone only bays. 

See what the parking bay signs look like.

Wood Green – where you cannot park 

You cannot use your permit to park in the Wood Green Inner CPZ, or in the following roads in the Wood Green Outer CPZ:   

  • Barratt Avenue N22 
  • Ranelagh Road N22 
  • Selbourne Road N22 
  • Wolseley Road N22 

You can only park in the above areas when you need to: 

  • move hazardous chemicals or heavy equipment to or from a property – you cannot park for longer than 2 hours or return to the same road for 2 hours 
  • attend an emergency call out – you cannot park for longer than 2 hours or return to the same road for 2 hours 

Bury Road car park 

Your permit covers you to park for an unlimited time on the top floor of the Bury Road car park


If you no longer need it, you can cancel your permit and may get a refund

Change permit details 

You can change your vehicle details or change your address